- Set of 3 Totally Bamboo cutting boards perfect for every food prep need from slicing meat to chopping veggies, serve up appetizers or make cocktail garnishes
- Only 3/8″ thick, they are easy to maneuver and store; boards measure 6″ by 8″, 8-1/2″ by 11″ and 9-1/2″ by 13″
- Easy on knife blades, bamboo is a natural alternative to wood, it is substantially stronger than hard woods and easier on the environment
- Made of Moso bamboo which is known for its strength, density and high quality; bamboo is one of the most renewable resources in the world
- Hand wash with warm water and mild detergent. And use Totally Bamboo’s Revitalizing Mineral Oil to extend the life and beauty of the boards.
- Totally Bamboo Revitalizing Mineral Oil is food grade, FDA approved and safe for use on bamboo and wood cutting boards; protects, restores beauty and extends life of cutting boards
- Includes two 8 oz. bottles, give one as a gift or keep it as back up
- Revitalize & extend life of old boards; Totally Bamboo mineral oil will bring boards back to their original beauty and to protect from future damage
- Protect new bamboo cutting boards; mineral oil hydrates, seals and penetrates deeply into boards to protect from water and reduce cracking and drying
- Easy to use; apply generous amount to board with clean soft cloth, for best results, leave on overnight and rinse before using. Repeat as necessary.
Bamboo, they discovered, is harder than maple, making it perfect for a cutting surface.
Bamboo is actually a grass that grows to a harvestable height of 60-feet in about three to five years, growing as much as two feet per day. It has an extensive root system that continually sends up new shoots, naturally replenishing itself. It does not require replanting, making it one of the most renewable resources known. The species we use, “Moso” timber bamboo, is not a food source or habitat for the Giant Panda.
Bamboo holds the promise of a sustainable, cost effective and ecologically responsible alternative to the widespread clear cutting of our world’s precious timberland. Our bamboo comes in two colors. There’s light, which is the natural color of the bamboo, and dark, which is a honey color. The dark color is achieved by steaming the bamboo, bringing out the natural sugars, caramelizing it. This color is permanent and will not fade.