Easy Chicken and Stuffing Ingredients
- 6 Boneless/ Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 2 Cans Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Box of Stove Top Stuffing
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Small Onion – Chopped
- 1 Celery Stock – Chopped
Easy Chicken and Stuffing Preparation
- Spray the bottom of the crock with non stick spray
- Place chicken breasts in your crock pot. Salt and Pepper
- Sprinkle poultry seasoning over the breasts
- Combine soups in a large bowl and
- Pour over the chicken
- In a large bowl combine well the stuffing mix, onions, celery and chicken broth.
- Place stuffing mixture evenly over the chicken
- Cover the crock pot with the lid and cook on high for 4 hours. On low 6 -7 hours
- Remove the lid the last hour of cook time
I serve this dish with roasted Brussels Sprouts and Garlic Bread
I like using my West Bend 5-Quart Slow Cooker for this recipe but my older sister, who adds frozen peas for the last hour in her version of the Easy Chicken and Stuffing Recipe, insists that the Nesco 5-Quart Porcelain Roaster Oven is the only way to go.
Easy Chicken and Stuffing Variations
As with any recipe that you choose to try, this chicken dish can take on your own personal touches and become a favorite that displays your culinary talents to all who gather around your dinner table.
One way to ‘change it up’ would be to use cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of celery and cream of chicken soups and add button mushrooms instead of the peas. When I use these ingredients I add the button mushroom in the last half hour of cook time and serve with boiled red potatoes and french style green beans.
I have also served this chicken and stuffing recipe with mashed potatoes and corn. Anyway you plate it up will be delicious!
I hope you enjoy this warm and hearty Chicken and Stuffing Recipe – crock pot style!